Looking away when I look at him?

I've got this guy friend I'm really close to (well, I love him really but am holding on to my feelings since he friendzoned me). I thought the friendship was all to his benefit and if we didn't see each other daily, I'd probably had been better off moving on. Until this week-end.

I've just lost a close friend and have been in a right state and my friend has really been there for me, taking me out (with others), being supportive and even hugging me twice when I was crying (he isn't the hugging type). Yesterday he was really nice, hugging me tight but when I looked up he looked away.

I guess that it was maybe just hard for him to look at me crying but of course since I do have feelings for him I can't help but wonder. Just checking what you think.

• Author

It was only in this highly emotional moment that he looked away. We do look into each other's eyes when we are fooling around. He was clearly uncomfortable but I'm just not sure whether it was because he found it hard looking at my tears-stricken face or because he was having stronger feelings that he wants to.