good idea? going to the movies with a friend

Anyway I want to catch a movie this weekend and a drink with a friend, however the last time we went was a long time ago when we first met.

Problem is I think she may have the hots for me, but i dont feel the same...i dont think.

I want us to have a good time and hangout, but i hope she wont resent me for believing im leading her on. Now im not planning on making a move on her whatsoever...if we cuddle thats fine, if we dont thats also fine.

I could invite my friend and she could invite hers but I can imagine it being less fun because we're like bro and sis when we hangout. It's ridiculous because when I try to be friends with a girl, either they want it all and if they dont want to wait around they'll be distant and cold.

There is no reason why two friends can't go and see a movie together but if she does have the hots for you, you have to put her straight and make sure she knows you are not interested in anything else than a friendship - however, I do not understand why you would want to be alone with her if you really don't want anything else than friendship?

As for being distant and cold, it's the only way to avoid being too hurt by the rejection (which it is when someone doesn't want as much as you do) at first but if you are patient and understanding - as a friend should be - it should ease up.

• Author
There is no reason why two friends can't go and see a movie together but if she does have the hots for you, you have to put her straight and make sure she knows you are not interested in anything else than a friendship - however, I do not understand why you would want to be alone with her if you really don't want anything else than friendship?

Well..there are plenty of people who go watch movies with their opposite sex friends, even my friend does it and he's in a relationship.

But anyway I invited her and no luck. I know she lives an hour away from me but I guess she'd rather spend time with her close female cousin on the weekend than catch a movie she's never heard of with me. Likely it's the issue of going the distance to hangout with me, but I hope she didnt get the misconception that i invited her to the movies to get into her pants(which gives her all the more reason not to go).

The only time she comes out to my part of the city is during weekdays when she works, so she said try her on weekdays. Think Ill scrap the movie idea and grab some drinks or something.