Want to know if she likes me

Hi, i am a 21 year old student from New Jersey and something really funny happend to me. There's a girl that i like, but i don't know if she likes me. I want to ask her out, but i am not sure and i am scared to be rejected. Because i have been rejected before. It all happends when she asked for some help with a subject, too me and two other friends. So i offered to help her and a week later, she asked me for my telephone number. Because she wanted to stay in touch for if she ever needed help again. So i gave her my number and so i helped her again, then a week later i talked again with her and i had a nice time talking with her. All of a sudden she starts sendig me messages, so after a week she commented me that she couldn't send too much messages because she was running out of money on her mobile phone. So she only started to answer when necessary and then she asked my email adress. Now when she sees me and i am alone or with two other friends, she always starts talking to me and she friendly starts to smile and when i talk to her it always feels like she is staring at me. Not just looking anymore. But the problem is before we got to know eachother wel i mean like in the very beginning, she mentioned that she had an ex boyfriend, going to the same school as her and sitting in the same class as her. She also made it clear that she is hard to get, because she told me if somebody asks her to dance that she answers" no i don't like you" short of. Belive me when she says something like that, she really means it. So that's another reason why i am scared asking her. The other day i borrowed a book from her and she lend it to me. So i wanted to do something nice, i made her a manga drawing and i thanked her for lending it to me. The next day she laughes at me and thanked me for it. Today i send her a message asking her how she was doing, but she didn't replied. Than i saw her online, but everytime when i see her online, the conversation isn't interesting and it feels like she isn't interested because she doesn't talk much or asks questions. The first time she opend the conversation by saying hi and we talked, but after that(today) she didn't and she didn't talked to much. But she wasn't feeling to well she was sick so maybe that's the main reason. So i am really confusd and don't know what too do.

Plz help

Just ask her out for coffee or something casual.....if she says no then you know. If she says yes then go have coffee with her.

• Author

So i asked her if she didn't want to skip class for an hour together with me. I asked her that by message. But she told me that she couldn't because she had two hours of lessons that was very important and said sorry. Than she asked" when does your school ends today?" so i replied and ask her the same thing. So how should i take this? Should i take this as let's change subject or as i can't go now but maybe later. Then later on that day(today) a girl of my class that i know just aked her if she liked me and she replied " yes i do like him, very much but as a friend" So should i take this as the truth or is she kust saying that to play hard to get or, her other friends were there or she just didn't feel like answering and was thinking that i should ask her instead. Really i don't get her. The other week she was looking at me, saying hi and laughing and all of a sudden(this week before todays accident) she says hi, laughs and than rapidly looks away. When she is alone and sees me she starts talking, but when she is with her buddies, then she starts acting different. i Have tottaly no idea:(