What do I do

Ive been friends with this girl for about a year. When she first met me she really liked me as more then a friend and we even went on a date but then she decided that our friendship was more important and abandon the idea. Now we have been friends for almost a year (best friends).

Over the coarse of this year I have got to know her more and more and I liked her more and more. About five months ago I told her how I feel and she told me she used to like me but really thought our friendship was more important then something silly like that and said she was sorry...

I diddnt talk to her for about a month after that because she wanted to give me time to get over her. Now here is where my problem and question comes in

I cant stop liking her. For awhile I did this thing where every time I wanted to think about her I repeatedly told myself that I shouldn't and that our friendship is more important. Recently I stooped doing that and the feelings came back even stronger then ever.

I think it really comes down to these three options

Stop seeing her all together (which will be hard for both of us because we are really good friends).

or

Try and get her to feel the same way.

or

Try really really hard to force myself not to love her. When ever I think about her in that manner I will push the emotions and thoughts as far away as possible. (I'm not even sure if this will even work).

Im 17 (18 in one month) if that helps with your answer at all

Thanks guys.

YOu can't "get her" to feel the same way. Either she's attracted or she's not, and by telling you she's focusing on the friendship, she's saying she's not attracted to you in that way.

You need to stop seeing her, or limit your visits, because you can't be 'just friends' if you have strong feelings for her.

If you're about 18, you'll be going off to college or she will soon enough. You'll meet other people there and this won't seem like such a big deal.

• Author

Dont bother replying to this. I told her that we couldnt be friends anymore and I explained why and she completly understood.

Thanks anyways. (what a great forum.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Its been over a month and this is still driving me crazy even though I havnt talked to her since I told her we cant be friends anymore. I just keep waiting I guess? This is tottaly ruining my holiday.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you just ruined your self because of her, as you said you now leave her and no more friends now then why you wait of her and want her to back to you,you just forget her and try to make new friends.

Goodluck

Daver

Stay strong and don't try to contact her. The pain you're feeling now is intense but it will pass with time. Better this than being friends with her and maintaining false hope, only to end up seeing her with other guys (possibly jerks, who will treat her bad) and always be wondering why she doesn't like you as a bf. Also it would have limited your options to date other girls. You made the right decision! I've seen guys deal with the same situation as you many times.

Most of the times if a girl tells you that she'd rather be friends, no matter what nice excuse she gives you, then that's what it means. She's not interested, and you're never gonna be able to change that.