"How Feminism Destroyed Real Men"

KnowHowLoveFeels

Of course the boor jeers at the more civilized man; he understands that he is the lesser being and tries to make the better man look bad in a pitiful attempt to make himself feel superior. But nobody buys it. A real man will ignore the mouthbreather's rantings and go on to act with respect for himself and for other people - including women.

Hey, I really like the way you worded this. My thoughts exactly! :bunny:

The so called, "real men", are not so "real" or "manly" as they think they are when they seem to be bickering over their loss of "freedom" to act like frat boys (aka idiots).

My husband would be considered a "man's man." He's into the stereotypical male activities...drinks beer, is into football, action movies, etc. He won't usually watch my "chick flicks."

He looks down on those posers. He thinks they're cowards and weak and completely not secure in themselves. He runs across these types a lot in his line of work. They disgust him.

And my H is not what you'd describe as a "nice guy" in the way it's used here on LS. He stands up to me all the time. But he doesn't have to hit me to make me see his point of view or to get his way. He's a REAL "alphamale"...not a poser.

I think most women are in the middle somewhere. I know I am. I still have some traditional ways of thinking, and there's nothing wrong with that either!

Don't like the major feminists, it's like someone who's a religious fanatic, it's TOO much to take and just pisses everybody off. They wanna be equal, but abit more equal than men. That's not right.

Isn't that more about individual character traits though? Your fanatical fundamentalist just happens to have latched onto religion as something through which he/she can express a dogmatic personality. With the militant feminist - similar deal. If she wasn't militant about feminism, she'd have to find something else.

Feminism sometimes seems to be used in place of the word "women" by those who wish to present an misogynistic agenda while avoiding accusations of women-hating. That's probably part of the reason it still exists; as long as there are those who believe that women are inherently inferior to men, there will be feminists.

If a man were to come on here and say "I love women, but I believe that feminists should be raped and beaten on a regular basis", some women might shrug off such a venomous comment off on the basis that "well...I don't class myself as a feminist, so it's not as if it's me who's being attacked by that comment. I don't like them either, so who cares if there are people who believe they should be beaten or raped..."

I say that, because there have been a couple of comments on this thread which openly condoned the notion of violence against women...and they don't appear to have resulted in much of a stir, whereas the subject of feminism seems to really get people's backs up. I find that bizarre and sad.

Alpha, I have a question for you, I understand if you don't answer, as it's a personal one but, when you were married, did you hit your wife?

No...but I thought about it on many an occasion.

Alpha, I have a question for you, I understand if you don't answer, as it's a personal one but, when you were married, did you hit your wife?

Wow, that's quite a question to ask.

I'll answer that one too, I've never smacked my husband, and I never will, but there have been times when I wanted to! And I'm sure there will be more times I feel that way as well.

Isn't that more about individual character traits though? Your fanatical fundamentalist just happens to have latched onto religion as something through which he/she can express a dogmatic personality. With the militant feminist - similar deal. If she wasn't militant about feminism, she'd have to find something else.

True, but as long as she is getting something out of it too and there's a payoff. If that makes any sense..It does in my head! lol

After reading this thread all I can say is wow. My take on feminism is the same as unions, they both were great at the start, both were needed but both went too far. Just like anything thats good, its always too good to be true.

As far as people beating each other up well thats just wrong and that goes for both sexes. I guy does not need to smack his loved one to get respect or whatever message he wants to get across. At the sames time it should not be ok for a woman to slap a man across the face, or a kick under the table or a slap in the back of the head.

Yes, there's no excuse for physical abuse for any reason, from either gender.

As for the point about fundamentalism, that's a good one. Fundamentalism = extremism and can be applicable to almost anything.

True, but as long as she is getting something out of it too and there's a payoff. If that makes any sense..It does in my head! lol

The first thing that comes into my head is militancy animal rights. In the UK, there has often been publicity about attacks targeted at laboratories by anti-vivisectionists. I'm wondering what the personal pay-off there would be, and I think it would probably involve being part of a group. Bonding with others through shared militant views.

Having said that, I think women involved in such activities still tend to be viewed as feminists, even though their direct interest relates to animal rights rather than women's rights. Similarly, if I were to climb a tree in some kind of environmental protest, that would probably result in me being called an eco-feminist. It just seems to be a word that creeps in whenever women involve themselves in any kind of political campaigning.

I say that, because there have been a couple of comments on this thread which openly condoned the notion of violence against women...and they don't appear to have resulted in much of a stir, whereas the subject of feminism seems to really get people's backs up. I find that bizarre and sad.

Ditto here. I think it's bad enough that those ideas were expressed at all. But it's even worse that they are sincere. And worst of all, people have such low standards for themselves that they would accept it and even make excuses for it.

If you've ever taken a punch from someone who claimed to love you, then you'd understand. There's no love there. And there's nothing to love there. If you've ever been deliberately emotionally manipulated or had your insecurities played upon, then you'd know what it means when someone advocates that behavior. It's wrong. There's no way around it. It's bad to have it done to you. It's evil to choose to do it.

The irony is that those of you who are so determined not to be dominated by women are completely and totally dominated by women. You have formed the majority of your attitudes toward most everything in life based on how women would respond. In some cases, protecting yourself from women has become a way of life, and it dominates your thoughts, words, and actions. After the first painful experience, you hurried yourself into a personality prison and slammed the door behind you. Now you shout angry hateful things from inside.

It's the opposite of everything a man should stand for: respect, honor, courage.

Woggle hasn't been weakened by his marriage. He has been strengthened by it. He has climbed out of his box. I think it took a hell of a lot of courage to do that. But then he only came out into the light where most other people who aren't afraid spend the majority of their lives.

Woggle hasn't been weakened by his marriage. He has been strengthened by it. He has climbed out of his box. I think it took a hell of a lot of courage to do that. But then he only came out into the light where most other people who aren't afraid spend the majority of their lives.

Yup, and his wife has opened his eyes to how most women actually ARE in the world. I believe too, Woggle posting here has helped, and he's seen replies by women (and men) who have helped him see the more positive sides of women, rather than the negative.

There are bad and awful people everywhere, male/female, any race, any culture. But, there are also MANY wonderful people out there too!

The first thing that comes into my head is militancy animal rights. In the UK, there has often been publicity about attacks targeted at laboratories by anti-vivisectionists. I'm wondering what the personal pay-off there would be, and I think it would probably involve being part of a group. Bonding with others through shared militant views.

Having said that, I think women involved in such activities still tend to be viewed as feminists, even though their direct interest relates to animal rights rather than women's rights. Similarly, if I were to climb a tree in some kind of environmental protest, that would probably result in me being called an eco-feminist. It just seems to be a word that creeps in whenever women involve themselves in any kind of political campaigning.

For myself Greenpeace comes to my mind first.

After reading this thread all I can say is wow. My take on feminism is the same as unions, they both were great at the start, both were needed but both went too far. Just like anything thats good, its always too good to be true.

I will have to agree here as well.

Yes, there's no excuse for physical abuse for any reason, from either gender. .

Thats not true TBF....human history is full of violence, war, pain & suffering. Its also full of good things also. Life is made up of both good and bad things. Nations abuse other nations, religions abuse other religions and people abuse other people.

Thats not true TBF....human history is full of violence, war, pain & suffering. Its also full of good things also. Life is made up of both good and bad things. Nations abuse other nations, religions abuse other religions and people abuse other people.

Alpha, don't get me wrong, I'm not a pacificist. My response was targeted towards male and female relationships. It's wrong to use physical violence to solve emotional issues between the two of you.

As for historical events, don't get me started on how the largest percentage of the most appalling events historically have used religion to focus the masses to allow for parties in power to retain or gain power.

It's wrong to use physical violence to solve emotional issues between the two of you.

so if men & women were equally matched in physical strength then would it be more acceptable. are you against phsical violence between the sexes because men would win out 95% of the time?

so if men & women were equally matched in physical strength then would it be more acceptable. are you against phsical violence between the sexes because men would win out 95% of the time?

No, it's like two men or two women getting into a scuffle in a bar over differences of opinion. I see it as a classless alternative. Most men and women are capable of discussing things, heated fashion or not and agreeing to disagree.

It doesn't mean that I don't believe in violence at all. Hockey is my favourite sport and isn't whole without the physical contact. But, it's a game and ends. Relationships involve a high level of emotion, thus can become...murderous.

No I do not think so, she works hard for her family, would like husband to provide for the family so she could stay home, but that is not the case, truth is he does not have her patience, know how and communication skills or ambition to go out and provide...

I bet that your wrong she does not treat him like dirt, she is caring and supportive for the most part.

why is it so hard to believe that a woman can take on an additonal role... if husband is not providing then someone has to....

This just proves my point that for all the independent and I don't need a man talk deep down most women want their men to go out and provide. Of course some women don't mind a house husband but deep down they lose respect for them. Feminists for the last 35 years have managed to nag all the testosterone out of a large percentege of the male population and it is a turnoff to most women.

People keep bringing up the frat boy thing but that is not what it is about. If you look at our society many men are still stuck in childhood well into their 30s. They are still living at home and in general have no drive at all. Boys are failing in schools in larger numbers than girls. I think that is a large result of our feminist culture whittling away at that masculine energy that drives us. Not to sound sexist but most women will never get it when it comes to manhood. I admit that I don't fully understand womanhood but many women swear they know what is best for men. Men for the last 35 years have tried to conform to what they think women want but what women want seems to change every week so you have a generation of men many who were raised with no male guidance at all who have no identity at all and have no idea what their purpose is.

People keep bringing up the frat boy thing but that is not what it is about. If you look at our society many men are still stuck in childhood well into their 30s. They are still living at home and in general have no drive at all. Boys are failing in schools in larger numbers than girls. I think that is a large result of our feminist culture whittling away at that masculine energy that drives us. Not to sound sexist but most women will never get it when it comes to manhood. I admit that I don't fully understand womanhood but many women swear they know what is best for men. Men for the last 35 years have tried to conform to what they think women want but what women want seems to change every week so you have a generation of men many who were raised with no male guidance at all who have no identity at all and have no idea what their purpose is.

This is where you've completely lost me. How can you blame a guys lack of drive to feminism? Analogy: Since my friend Joe is so good at football, I won't do anything because I can't compete.

I disagree with the premise behind this post. Which I highlighted in bold.

It's classic male behavior to not enjoy studying or to do well in school. In the past, school wasn't as important, so people didn't make such a big deal out of it. But this isn't a new thing. Men's careers/professions used to be predominantly in the trades, and those jobs don't require large amounts of drive or motivation. It's good if you have it, but you don't need it.

The men in my family all worked construction, which is a male dominated career. They had to deal with men all the time, doing man stuff, and women would have been out of place. So they appeared more masculine than we computer-generation softies do. They weren't better men, they just live different lives.

Today, our entire economy is different. Construction and manual labor jobs are performed more and more by immigrants. And American-born men are moving more and more into service sector, white collar jobs. Those jobs require more tact and diplomacy, not to mention some attention to your personal appearance and hygeine. And they also allow you to become a softer person, physically. Men in the past didn't need to go to the gym.

I think we think matters of male identity and purpose in life is a new thing, because we only know our current generation. But if you watch old movies, you'll find men were no different in the past. In some ways, men have taken on more extreme behavior in modern times. Cary Grant was a pretty boy. Humphrey Bogart married a woman taller than him. General Patton was extremely vain.

Things are different now. But it isn't because women took anything away from us. It's because things are different now. Everything has changed. If you resent that, make sure you put the blame in the right place.

Boys are failing in schools in larger numbers than girls. I think that is a large result of our feminist culture whittling away at that masculine energy that drives us.

Oh.

So now it's the females' fault (again) that someone failed their algebra test because they were too busy playing Nintendo to study.

Hey … I got a big fat D in high school math because I hated it and was too darn distracted by "Fozzy" (the cute boy sitting next to me). So I guess it's okay to blame ALL MEN for the fact that I'll never be a budget analyst (???) :confused:

Damn "The Man" … he's always keepin' you down. :laugh: