More Than Friends

I've known my good friend for 6 years. We go to different colleges but we still keep in contact. She's been pretty down lately and I want to be there for her.. However, I do like her (I've asked her out before, but that was 4 years ago). We are both single, coming out of long term relationships. I know how she's feeling, but will my interest in pursuing a relationship cause me a problem?

I've known my good friend for 6 years. We go to different colleges but we still keep in contact. She's been pretty down lately and I want to be there for her.. However, I do like her (I've asked her out before, but that was 4 years ago). We are both single, coming out of long term relationships. I know how she's feeling, but will my interest in pursuing a relationship cause me a problem?

I think you will pursuing her she agree with your relationships or not.

Yes, it will cause a problem if she is not interested. Then again, if you really do like her then there is no point in pretending to be the fall back friend when you have other intentions. And I'm totally with you, since I'm in a similar situation. It sucks to swallow our feelings.

• Author

It won't cause a problem. I like her, but the world won't come to an end if she doesn't feel the same way. Besides, even if she said yes, I couldn't do it, since it would end up being a LDR (and I swore to myself that I would never do that again after my last relationship!). I just know how she feels and I want her to open up to me.

I wanted to see if I was going about this the wrong way.

i say go for it bro. holding back is the worst thing u can torture yourself with. i been kinda going thru the same thing but maybe a lil more complex. cheer her up first. woman love comfort.