Moving from friends to "dating"

Hi all,

I've been very friendly with a girl for a few months now. We have taken time to get to know each other and enjoying the time we spend together. We are just friends at this point in time.

We have never been out on a "date" but have spent time alone together, just hanging out.

Now heres the dilema. I like her and am attracted to her and want the relationship to move forward. I know for fact that she enjoys my company, has fun with me, and is physically attracted to me also. She has never told me this directly but I just know this is true due to subtle hints she gives me.

So how do I go about moving this relationship to "dating" rather than just hanging out? I feel this is what we both want.

Is it really as simple as just asking her out on a "date" rather than to "hang out"?

Or should I try to kiss her and judge her reaction from that?

Or should I actually tell her how I feel and what I would like to happen?

Thanks.

When it comes to dating there's really no difference between 'going out' 'hanging out' 'dating'. The next time you hang out, up the intimacy see how she responds and if it's positive make a move.

i've never had a real girlfirend but from all the website they say you should just try to kiss her and see what happens.

Oh nooooo. IMO it would be completely the wrong thing to go in for a kiss. If she is only interested in friendship then that would pretty much end it. I think you should ask her out on a date in a casual way. None of this "want the relationship to move forward" stuff. That's just frightening. Next time you guys are making plans to hang out, just say something like "how about such and such restaurant that I've heard is really good. We can make it a date."