4 year relationship syndrome

Rooster_DAR

Is it me or does anybody else notice that cheating/breakups/divorce seem to center around the 4 year mark on average. My last two relationships ended at around this same period, and I notice more than half (rough estimate) the people who post here about cheating or ending relationships have around the same timeline.

Hmmmm......

Are we so impatient and full of ADD that we can't even wait for the seven year itch anymore? I don't know the answer, just wanted to say something clever....and it wasn't all that clever after all.

Are we so impatient and full of ADD that we can't even wait for the seven year itch anymore? .

The seven year itch was from the 50's and 60's. Now its the 3.5 year itch.

I think there are alot of 13 year itches out there too. Several of them have posted on this board, myself included.

I don't think you can nail down a time frame.. I think you just notice the similarities because it happened to you.

Kinda like after a breakup you notice how many people actually are driving the same car as your ex..

Heck.. I remember one ex that every time I saw a black Tahoe go by my house I thought it was her..it wasn't.. there just happen to be a lot of black Tahoe's out there and I never noticed it before.

Thats when things get sour and old and a little bit less exciting. Some cuples go in too things never thinking about the future or the outcome of being together for a long time. Some can handel it and some get bored with it. I've seen alot of cuples out there who have been happily married for longer than I can remember.

When I get to my next relationship I'll let you know if there is a trend or a pattern with the time frames of my break ups lol

wow. do u honesty think that spending so much time doing postings about stuff like this is better than being with someone special?

i put in 2 months of hard work and went nuts because of it - and i can't do that anymore. i would rather be with someone than do this hoping that someone notices.

i tried really hard, sorry. i can't keep this up if i want to be in a real relationship. its time for me to let go of this part. she knows the deal and has for a long time - and isn't interested.

ok. 2007, new me, new home, new life and outlook.