B-Day gift for a close friend you have feelings for....?

Kyle

OK- Here's the situation:

My friend and I ( Kate ) are VERY close. She's gorgeous, and funny enough, she thinks the same of me. We flirt a lot, and we often tell each other we love each other, but we make a joke about it being platonic. The thing is, I like her, she's confused about liking me, but she doesn't know I know all that. Plus, our friendship is GREAT, and I don't want to jeapordize that to try and get together with her. I think that's why neither of us want to tell each other how we feel because we are scared of losing our friendship. We act like boyfriend and girlfriend, but the only difference is there is no kissing or cuddling or anything- although I always get a hug :-) Her birthday is coming up, and I want to do something special for her, a little romantic, but not too much because I don't want to push things too far, you know? So what can I do that will stand out in her mind, but not so much so that she will think I am really trying to court her ( which Im not due to that whole friendship mess )? This is weird, help please!

thanks! kyle

This sounds like one of those situations where she'll love whatever you give her. A good start is always flowers, if you're just friends, try something like yellow roses or her favorite flowers. Surprise her with them, maybe add a little card with a cheesy explanation of how much her friendship means to you. Then, go for the main gift. Just think really hard about what she likes and you'll come up with something for her. Anything that shows that you put time and thought into the gift and that you know her well. You can do something personal, like a scrapbook of you guys since you first met, or something you buy but you know she'll love like something she mentioned she wanted. If you want more ideas just post again and tell me what kind of stuff she is interested in and I'll try to recommend more stuff.

Bonne chance,

Odyne