Flirting with my female co-worker

ha ha ha RDAR....you know who Ben Franklin was? He was one of the intellectual elites of the US but he had zero commitment to his wife and kids...

People who can remain monogoamous are more evolved emotionally and intellecutally than people that stray, IMO.

People who can remain monogoamous are more evolved emotionally and intellecutally than people that stray, IMO.

thats rediculous! "straying" is genetically coded into our DNA...

Are you freaking kidding me? I've never had the desire to stray from my boyfriends...ever. Not even for a half of a second. Only time I ever cheated was when I found out my boyfriend cheated on me, and I couldn't get a hold of him to break things off so I went ahead and did my thing until I got a hold of him. No, I'm faithful. It is not in our DNA.. haha

I completely agree with this statement, I think this is true as well.

However; I think as human intelligence evolves we are slowly overcoming the forces of nature, although I'm not sure we can completely conquer it. You have to wonder why some small amount of humans are able to remain monogamous while others fail miserably.

That's my observation and I'm sticking to it until other evidence comes to light.

:D

I strongly disagree. Of course there was infidelity since the beginning of time, but it wasn't until these past few decades that it became such a popular, semi-acceptable thing. In Bible times people would be put to death or outcasted or many other cruel things because they weren't faithful. Women would be stoned to death, first rock cast by their fathers, if they had sex outside of marriage. No, from the beginning of time the vast majority only knew to be faithful.

I strongly disagree. Of course there was infidelity since the beginning of time, but it wasn't until these past few decades that it became such a popular, semi-acceptable thing. In Bible times people would be put to death or outcasted or many other cruel things because they weren't faithful. Women would be stoned to death, first rock cast by their fathers, if they had sex outside of marriage. No, from the beginning of time the vast majority only knew to be faithful.

It seems to me your post is a little contradicting. The fact that women were shamed and stoned for being unfaithful is living proof that humans are not monogamous by nature. I have something you should read, it may give you insight from people who study things things are are more qualified to touch on this. If you do some research, you will find nearly all phsyciatrists and scientists have formed the same conclusions.

http://www.californiapsychics.com/articles/Love/328/Monogamy_Is_For_the_Birds__Or_Is_It.aspx

Okay, focus kids. If you want a discussion about your definition of cheating, please start a new thread. It is definitely not fair to the OP that this thread gets locked because it strayed way off topic.

Dadaal, it comes down to a choice. You are committed and looking. You either break your commitment or quit looking.

Trust me...I am married, and understand that the ones you don't have sometimes look better than the one you do have. Unfortunately, the ones you don't have become the one you do have, and then the cycle begins all over again.

Make a choice.

I was just trying to express that it was not well looked upon. It was a strange thing cheat back then, and it definitely is not now. I did read that article, and that is very interesting. Of course I am no scientist, and don't pretend to be, so I cannot firmly say that it is not in our DNA. Maybe because I have never had the urge to cheat, and the fact that the thought disgusts me is why I think it couldn't be possible to be in our DNA. Maybe I'm lucky and didn't get that unfaithful gene haha. I do have to remember that not everyone is like me I guess.

I was just trying to express that it was not well looked upon. It was a strange thing cheat back then, and it definitely is not now. I did read that article, and that is very interesting. Of course I am no scientist, and don't pretend to be, so I cannot firmly say that it is not in our DNA. Maybe because I have never had the urge to cheat, and the fact that the thought disgusts me is why I think it couldn't be possible to be in our DNA. Maybe I'm lucky and didn't get that unfaithful gene haha. I do have to remember that not everyone is like me I guess.

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. You are very young and hence have a lot to learn. Just remember something; No human is immune to infedlity and to believe it can't happen to you is the worst mindset to have. That doesn't mean you will ever cheat, it just means you have the capability to do so. Now with that in mind, I suggest reading some of the posts by people who have cheated. One of the biggest things they will state is "I am not the type of person that would ever cheat" but they did.

After doing some research in these matter, I found that a vast majority of people who cheated felt strongly it was something that was impossible for them to do. Given the right circustances, cheating/affairs are easy to fall into no matter what your beliefs are. Some people (it seems the case with you) have the knowlege and tools to back out of a situation that would harm their relationship, and this is where I used the term in the other thread regarding "intellectually clumsy".

Regards,

cheating only applies to married couples cause they have taken a legal vow to only be with each other.

A piece of paper don't mean anything, its your core beliefs, your morals that decide this. If you don't have them to stop you from cheating then there is nothing that is going to stop you, thats just my opinion.