falling out of love

Cici

I have questions!!!!

How does one "fall out of love"?

Doesn't that mean you weren't in love in the first place?

I mean, what's the point of marrying anyone if they can always use the default, "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" excuse to get out of it?

Or what's the point of marrying anyone if you end up trapped in a loveless marriage because of your moral values?

Okay here's my opinion on why people fall out of love. I think people fall in love too easily. Love is treated as casually as sex is in a lot of cases. Thinking with the heart is great fun and getting swept up in passion or sudden feelings of total and complete love is a blast. Of course once that's faded away then a lot of couples realize they don't really have anything in common. If love were treated as something very serious, if people would go through the work of getting to know one another before jumping straight to the fun stuff, then maybe things would last. But that's just my opinion.

I have questions!!!!

How does one "fall out of love"?

Doesn't that mean you weren't in love in the first place? I mean, what's the point of marrying anyone if they can always use the default, "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" excuse to get out of it? Or what's the point of marrying anyone if you end up trapped in a loveless marriage because of your moral values?

Okay here's my opinion on why people fall out of love. I think people fall in love too easily. Love is treated as casually as sex is in a lot of cases. Thinking with the heart is great fun and getting swept up in passion or sudden feelings of total and complete love is a blast. Of course once that's faded away then a lot of couples realize they don't really have anything in common. If love were treated as something very serious, if people would go through the work of getting to know one another before jumping straight to the fun stuff, then maybe things would last. But that's just my opinion. I have questions!!!!

I think people fall out of love, at least from a woman's point of view, when the other person stops giving you a reason to love them, they disaapoint you or are unsupportive or not willing to go the extra mile for you or your relationship. Somethimes very unforgivable things happen from both genders' side that make you unable to look at the person in the loving way that you used to, yet you could still love that person because it's not something that's easy to let go of.

Ever considered that "LOVE" is just another four lettered word that hopelessly fails to fully encompass and detail the whole process of building a satient relationship? This word is an over used , oft abused throw away expression used largely by the un-imaginitive or the under-expressive. let's think more expansively when we consider what makes up the Gambit that is human emotion and the need for a sense of belonging....

I think people fall out of love, at least from a woman's point of view, when the other person stops giving you a reason to love them, they disaapoint you or are unsupportive or not willing to go the extra mile for you or your relationship. Somethimes very unforgivable things happen from both genders' side that make you unable to look at the person in the loving way that you used to, yet you could still love that person because it's not something that's easy to let go of.

I don't know how other people are, but I can explain how I fell out of love. It wasn't that I never was in love or that we didn't have anything in common. At one point I felt that I had found my soul mate and we have an incredible amount incommon. We were best frineds. But we got so wrapped up in our careers and our financial future that we forgot that love, no matter how strong or true, needs to be nurtured. So many people think that love grows and exists on its own. But how could it? Think about all the things that make you fall in love. The tremendous amount of attention that is given and received. The anticipation of the next time you will meet overwhelms your every thought. Obviously it is never going to remain that intense as you grow more comfortable with one another but that doesn't mean that you stop trying to please your lover.

I truly believe people "fall out of love" because they take love for granted. They forget that it needs food and water to grow and flourish. With out it, it will wither and die!