YAHWEH vs. ALLAH

• Author
Its ok Pureinheart…we used to be there.

One day they can be here.

Mark 6 :36-44

and what exactly makes you capable or worthy of deciding whether I am "there" or not? Last I checked, the only one I must account to is God, and none other ...

Quananne,

They… is plural, holding no one name specifically, meaning many.

We… is used in the plural sense in the statement; meaning many

(as followers of Christ are more than two).

To read this statement …”One day they can be here”… and you having responded with …“and what exactly makes you capable or worthy of deciding whether I am "there" or not?”

Its obvious you are not. You are not where you need to be in the Lord.

How would I know?

A believer would have signified from the heart.. where they were in the Lord.

When the Holy Spirit is inside He speaks out and can be heard.We all of one spirit.. the Holy Spirit… know one another.

…Praise Jesus I was lost and now im found.

When the Holy Spirit is inside He speaks out and can be heard.We all of one spirit.. the Holy Spirit… know one another.

But you should never put your own judgement before God's plan. That's just contradictory. Everyone is part of God, but not everyone allows themselves to be aware that they are part of God. Just because they aren't aware of their connection to God doesn't make them less holy or less beautiful in the eyes of the Lord.

Seek out the compassion in your own heart.

• Author
What I don't get is it's okay to be critical towards the Bible and us for speaking the Bible....any negativity is acceptable...

I ask myself why would one respond to something they don't agree with in a critical, negative manor....their lives are mostlikely negative and critical...

I don't disagree with sharing the Good News, but there is a marked difference between sharing and bashing someone because they don't hold their beliefs in the precise manner that you do, then hiding behind Scripture to justify their stance. It's very condescending when someone says "I'm just a little bit better than you for believing as I do," and what this person tries to share becomes less about spreading Christ's message and more about self-righteousness to the guy on the listening end. And that's the quickest way to drive someone away from the very Person you want to introduce them to ...

most everyone who meets me learns that I am firm in my convictions as a Catholic Christian, and I hope they also realize that I'm not going to condemn them for their own beliefs, but try to be that gentle instrument of God when he calls me to be. I don't see this as "negative and critical," but a way of modeling my faith in Christ.

so making statements that people who believe in Allah, but not God/Yahweh/Jehovah, are condemned is very misleading. WE don't know how HE moves through their hearts, so we must be prepared to greet them in love and dignity, for they too are God's little chillun. Christ commands us to love one another, not exaggerate the differences we have. Because as I've said before in this thread, that's the Devil hard at work, not Jesus.

¿entiendes?

The point of this thread if find and focus on Jesus.

To find Jesus is to find Yahweh.

Allahs Koran admittedly has no son named Jesus so its easy

to realize Allah cannot be the same god as God.

God Yahweh has a Son named Jesus; Jesus is the light of the world.

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:

When we follow Jesus we follow God. Jesus is God.

• Author
But you should never put your own judgement before God's plan. That's just contradictory. Everyone is part of God, but not everyone allows themselves to be aware that they are part of God. Just because they aren't aware of their connection to God doesn't make them less holy or less beautiful in the eyes of the Lord.

Seek out the compassion in your own heart.

Blind otter,

Lets talk about Judgment… know that we are to judge without… condemnation. The word can explain,

The Fine Line:

Judge not...

Beware of wolves in sheep clothing.

Don’t cast your pearls to swine

By their fruits you shall know them.

Judge

2 Chronicles 19:6 And said to the judges, Take heed what ye do: for ye judge not for man, but for the LORD, who is with you in the judgment

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Judge not- do not cast stones.............. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye. We to shall be judged by the measurement we judge others… {Self explanatory

Wolves:

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Luke 10:3 Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

Many souls can and will be lead away by the non-ability to discern the difference in a false profit or minister. (Ex. Jim Jones, some Televangelists or the Anti Christ}

Pearls

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Matthew 13:45Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchantman, seeking goodly pearls:

Job 28:18No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is above rubies.

Don’t cast your pearls to swine; discern swine. Swine can gobble anything including the dirt from the ground and are still unfulfilled, left empty.

Fruit

Matthew 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them..

By their fruits you shall know them..... Discerning by words and works of : this is also for one proclaiming salvation... you will know by their fruits including words...... {Some of us are slower at the ability to discern than others).

Plucking fruit from a tree;

We know.... Fresh, ripe fruit.

Green....... immature fruit.

The in-between stages: of fruits growth.

We also know.......... Bruised fruit.

From............ Rotten fruit.

WE DISCERN OTHERS ON THE FRUIT SCALE.

EX. We can relate to as fruits: discerning by works.

Mary Mother of God, .................(Ripe)

Peter (walking on water)...............(Almost ripe)

Doubting Thomas........................ (New fruit)

Clinton....................................... (Bruised fruit)

Hitler..........................................(Rotten fruit)

The fine line of a discerning spirit to know and see through...

does not mean that we cannot draw an honest, righteous conclusion about another person.

It says that we cannot make judgmental, condemning, and hateful statements about another person.

The Sermon on the Mount Study on Judging explains ...this passage. In fact, Jesus has told us that we can evaluate others if we do it righteously after listening and knowing the truth.

All of the tools needed are listed above and then we decide...without condemnation.

We Children are to be on guard and not throw stones.

By their fruits you shall know them…. we are not to condemn…but to show the way.

Its obvious you are not. You are not where you need to be in the Lord.

How would I know?

and: It says that we cannot make judgmental … statements about another person.

and again, I say to you, only God can discern my faith and my heart. Not some well-meaning if misguided believer. You use Scripture to support your interpretation of what you think you find in our responses, and you sit as judge and jury. You intentionally refuse to allow youself to recognize that dignity which God puts in all of us by judging others by your particular perspective.

The point of this thread if find and focus on Jesus.

To find Jesus is to find Yahweh.

Allahs Koran admittedly has no son named Jesus so its easy

to realize Allah cannot be the same god as God.

God Yahweh has a Son named Jesus; Jesus is the light of the world.

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:

When we follow Jesus we follow God. Jesus is God.

aarrrggghhhhh ... you don't get it, do you? You condemn those who praise Allah because their version of spiritual history doesn't have a guy named Jesus in it. How does one share the Gospel with someone they've cause to forced shut their ears and hearts because of the messenger's behavior or attitude? How does that make credible a person's declarations that Jesus is the answer when their behavior and attitude suggest otherwise?

O Lord, save us from the do-gooders who preach with divided hearts ...

• Author

aarrrggghhhhh ... you don't get it, do you? You condemn those who praise Allah because their version of spiritual history doesn't have a guy named Jesus in it. How does one share the Gospel with someone they've cause to forced shut their ears and hearts because of the messenger's behavior or attitude? How does that make credible a person's declarations that Jesus is the answer when their behavior and attitude suggest otherwise?

O Lord, save us from the do-gooders who preach with divided hearts ...

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. {John 14:6

This means… we must come to Jesus … we must recognize Jesus as the Son of God… We whom believe in Jesus and His word… by Faith ask Jesus into our hearts…When we do it with our hearts and not our minds… we have arrived… bam Baptism of the Holy Spirit of Christ. Salvation is yours for the asking.

First find the Son and seek Salvation by faith.

Other than the way of Jesus.. John 14:6

There is no way…. The bible speaks of one way… man likes to create a world atlas… to Heaven.

Not right...The Word tells us the one way.

If someone finds this offensive…

Please know these are not my words … so many seem to think this is the first mention of such… { reread John 14:6

Men cannot change God. Men can only change themselves.

God Bless

I believe we are talking at cross-purposes here. To be more succinct, you are preaching to the choir, so to speak, when you share your belief that Jesus is Lord and savior – there are several of us on this board that believe this and we've said so, yet your responses to us indicate that you'd rather speak and condemn without really hearing or acknowledging that there are those of us in agreement with what you share about Jesus.

rather, it seems that you would rather plant seeds of division when it comes to evangelizing. If there's one thing I've learned from my ministry of sharing the Word, it's that no one wants or needs to be bashed over the head with the Gospel. That in order to reach someone, you have to love and embrace as Christ does, even in showing respect for those who done follow your particular flavor of spirituality.

your original post supposes that followers of Allah don't meet the cut as true believers of God because there's no Son involved. If you really think on what Jesus tells us, you'll recognize that he wants us to love God. Which I think the Muslims already do ...

reservoirdog1

Every religion out there believes that theirs is the only true religion, and its most zealous adherents always say non-believers are going to hell. And those zealous adherents always seem to explain their views with reference to their particular holy book.

How does anybody really know that any holy book is actually the word of god? (And trying to prove it by quoting from it isn't evidence. OF COURSE the book in question is going to claim to be the word of god.)

To my mind, it's no different from me writing a few words in a pad of post-it notes and claiming THAT's the word of god.

I guess the only answer is "you just have to have faith", huh?

• Author

Quankanne,

I am no preacher or minister…I am a student of the word of

Jesus and I share His word with others.

The truth shall set us free.

Great topic… Jesus is God.

A GOOD RULE FOR READING - if we take note of this it helps in:

Seeing God in a word

YAHWEH – is Gods name but a second name of Yahweh is ELOHIM.

Yahweh – Has to do with His attributes… grace, mercy , love and justice.

Elohim…creative works and things He does.

Adonai– His ruler ship

So the thee basic names of the Father are: Yahweh, Elohim, and Adonai

Sometimes when your reading your bible if you’ll notice carefully the words

LORD and GOD all caps and other times the first Letter

is capitalized …the letters following lower case as in Lord or God…

This is a rule to help us understand our Bibles.

When there are all caps;

LORD/ GOD = YAHEW

First letter cap only…

God= ELOHIM – the creator

Lord= Adonai the ruler who controls our lives.

god – all small letters = pagan deities

Genesis 1In the beginning *God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

*FROM THE BEGINNING WHO CREATED THE HEAVEN AND EARTH.

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or

authorities--all things have been created by Him and for Him.

Colossians 1:16

-- All things were created through him and for him. Before anything was created, he existed, and he holds all things in unity. Now the Church is his body, he is its head." (Col.1:15-18).

Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

1 Corinthians 8:6

All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. John 1:3

"In the beginning was the Word: the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things came to be, not one thing had its being but through him.

All that came to be had life in him and that life was the light of men, a light that shines in the dark, a light that darkness could not overpower." (John1:1-5)

to be continued:

• Author

Continued:

CREATION OF THE WORLD:

Psalm 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth:

and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

John 1:33 All things were made by him; and without him was not

any thing made that was made.

Genesis 1:22 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness

was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of

God moved upon the face of the waters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CREATION OF MAN:

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust

of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of

life; and man became a living soul;

LORD God... The Father and Jesus are one.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created,

that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and

invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or

principalities, or powers: all things were created by

him, and for him; Jesus

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath

of the Almighty hath given me life.

Holy Spirit...Jesus... Father... (Trinity)

But of the Son He says, "THY THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER

. . . And, "THOU, LORD, IN THE BEGINNING DIDST LAY THE FOUNDATION

OF THE EARTH, AND THE HEAVENS ARE THE WORKS OF THY HANDS . . .

Hebrews 1:1-2, 8-10...

.... GOD, refers to His Son as GOD and the creator of earth and Heavens.

CONFUSION IN READING IS WHEN THE SON IS REFERRED TO AS

THE FATHER...( TRINITY).... THE NO SEPARATION OF.

John 18:5-8 Again Jesus calls Himself the I AM

He will invoke me, "My father, my God and rock of my safety",

and I shall make him my first-born, the Most High for kings on

earth." (Ps.89:27).

Do Jesus & the Father share the same names?

Alpha & Omega, Beginning & End, First & Last

Rev 21:6-7 God is Alpha & Omega, Beginning & End

TBC:

Alpha & Omega, Beginning & End, First & Last

Rev 21:6-7 God is Alpha & Omega, Beginning & End

oh god here we go again :rolleyes:

• Author

Exodus 3:14 God said his name was “I Am” YHWH

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you

are to say to the Israelites:

`I AM has sent me to you.'"

Hebrew I AM = YHWH

Greek I AM = Ego Eimi

John 8:53-58 Jesus said He was the I AM

Who, BEING IN THE FORM OF GOD,

THOUGHT IT NOT ROBBERY TO BE EQUAL WITH GOD:

TBC:

Philippians 2:6

Who destroyed Sodom & Gomorrah?

Genesis 18:1-3, 17 The LORD (YHWH) appeared to Abraham

The LORD appeared to Abraham near

the great trees of Mamre while he

was sitting at the entrance to his tent

in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men

standing nearby.

When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance

of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground. He said,

"If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord, do not pass your

servant by.

Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do?

Genesis 19:24 God on earth rained down fire from God in heaven

Then the LORD (on Earth) rained down burning sulfur

on Sodom and Gomorrah--from

the LORD out of the heavens.

Which God was on earth? Which was in Heaven?

John 10:30-33

I and the Father are one." Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him,

but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father.

For which of these do you stone me?" "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Philippians 2:11

… and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Adonai),

to the glory of God (Adonai) the Father.

"The Word was made flesh, he lived among us,

and we saw his glory, the glory that is his as the only Son of the Father,

full of grace and truth." (John 1:14).

God calls Jesus God

Hebrews 1:8

But about the Son he (GOD) says, "Your throne,

O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

Jesus called himself God

John 5:18

For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Is the Father God?

Malachi 2:10a

Have we not all one Father? Did not one God create us? …

Ephesians 4:6

One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Matthew 6:9

"This, then, is how you should pray: "`Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

Is Jesus God?

Who created the Universe?

Genesis 1:1 – God created all

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Colossians 1:16-18 – Jesus created all

For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the

Is the Holy Spirit God?

Acts 5:3 Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has

so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit

and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?

Acts 13:2 The Holy Spirit spoke

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting,

the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas

and Saul for the work

to which I have called them."

Acts 5:3 Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy

SpiritThen Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for

yourself some of the money you received for the land?

Acts 13:2 The Holy Spirit spoke

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said,

"Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

Acts 5:3-4 Peter said that Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit (God)

Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your

heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself

some of the money you received for the land? Didn't it belong to you

before it was sold?

And after it was sold, wasn't the

money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing?

You have not lied to men but to God."

Acts 13:2 The Holy Spirit spoke as God

While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting,

the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas

and Saul for the work to which I have called them."

·Deuteronomy 33:27 The eternal God is thy refuge,

and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall

thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say,

Destroy them.. YAHWEH THE FATHER ALWAYS EXISTED.

·Micah 5:2 2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou

be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee

shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;

whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting...

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST SECOND MEMBER OF THE TRINITY ALWAYS EXISTED.

HE’S FROM OLD FROM EVERLASTING. THE ONE THAT WAS TO BE BORN IN BETHLEHEM.

·Hebrews 9:14 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ,

who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God,

purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?...

·THE HOLY SPIRIT ALWAYS EXISTED FROM ALL ETERNITY.

• Author

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colossians 1:16-18 – Jesus created all

For by him all things were created: things in

heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or

powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him

and for him.

He is before all things, and in him all things hold

together. And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the

beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in

everything he might have the preeminence.

Revelation 22:12-13, 16 Jesus is Alpha and the Omega,

the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Genesis 1In the beginning *God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void;

and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

JESUS THE CREATOR..... God= ELOHIM – the creator... Jesus created all.

Jesus is God...

Jesus said no man gets to the Father but through the Son.

If man desires to skip Jesus... He will never find the Father.

There is No Way around Jesus...He is the door.

ok we all agree LH...now you're just eating up valuable disk space :p

Jesus came to divide....to divide the truth from the lies, which naturally creates division.....

so does that mean those people of Biblical times who worshiped the one, true God (Hebrews in particular) are denied him because they do not recognize Christ as the Messiah?

a woman I interviewed recently had an interesting point can that relate to this thread. She was discussing how her school's principal made it a point to teach the kids in the program that Christmas doesn't begin until Dec. 25, and does not end until the Epiphany. That Dec. 25 was and is significant to believers because they recognize the coming of the Messiah who was/is to fulfill the promise made by a God they love(d).

Epiphany, however, has as great an impact on mankind, even if we don't recognize it. Because it was at that point when the magi – gentiles who did not believe in a one, true God – recognized Christ as God. This catechist's point is that Jesus is the way non-believers come to God, but his existence doesn't negate the relationship of those who already know God.

• Author

so does that mean those people of Biblical times who worshiped the one, true God (Hebrews in particular) are denied him because they do not recognize Christ as the Messiah?

a woman I interviewed recently had an interesting point can that relate to this thread. She was discussing how her school's principal made it a point to teach the kids in the program that Christmas doesn't begin until Dec. 25, and does not end until the Epiphany. That Dec. 25 was and is significant to believers because they recognize the coming of the Messiah who was/is to fulfill the promise made by a God they love(d).

Epiphany, however, has as great an impact on mankind, even if we don't recognize it. Because it was at that point when the magi – gentiles who did not believe in a one, true God – recognized Christ as God. This catechist's point is that Jesus is the way non-believers come to God, but his existence doesn't negate the relationship of those who already know God.

Quankanne,

Look at Cain and Able the first two sons noted in Genesis.

One strived to please God the other did not.

2000 years later mankind today looks different from those of Biblical times.. But mans hearts are the same.

Next look in Luke 16: 27

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

***29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

***31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. {More division…

What did the Lord say to Doubting Thomas? More blessed are those that believe and have not seen, than those that have seen and believe. {We know... not all believe

Calendars;what is the true day of the Sabbath? Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Some worship on Both Days of the week???

God *knows the *hearts of men.

Recall as Jesus was dieing on the cross; Luke 23:42

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy Kingdom.

Jesus knows a mans heart ..Christ said ..today.. you shall be with me in Paradise.

Today… immediately upon death; A destination is announced.

Where do you think the other man on the cross went? Division right in the face of the Lord …God spoke it… only one went to Paradise.

For those that did worship the one true God… their eyes would have been opened… to truth of God (Jesus) on earth.

Many Jews still wait on the Messiah. There are also many Christian Jews… followers of Christ. They know and believe the Son of God was crucified on the cross.

Their has been division from the beginning and will be until the end.

[Epiphany, however, has as great an impact on mankind, even if we don't recognize it. Because it was at that point when the magi – gentiles who did not believe in a one, true God – recognized Christ as God. This catechist's point is that Jesus is the way non-believers come to God, but his existence doesn't negate the relationship of those who already know God.]

Ask what is man made and what is truth? Jesus did not die in vane… if we believe He did… then we die in vane.

From Cain and Able to the two thieves on the crosses…show us.

We are divided from the beginning and even in the presence of God on earth.

And so shall we continue to be up to and on the last day.

Seek out truth… and you will find Jesus.

You are worthy of the best Christ wants to give you.

Alot of people don't usually research the underlying language beneath the English Translations. I think you'll find that ELOH (seen as YHWH) is one and the same as ALLAH. Obviously, over time and as rulers and cultures changed, so did the meaning, therefore we arrive today in the BE-LIE-F that the monotheistic gods are seperate entities.

Just my 2 silver pieces

• Author
Alot of people don't usually research the underlying language beneath the English Translations. I think you'll find that ELOH (seen as YHWH) is one and the same as ALLAH. Obviously, over time and as rulers and cultures changed, so did the meaning, therefore we arrive today in the BE-LIE-F that the monotheistic gods are seperate entities.

Just my 2 silver pieces

Matthew 26:15

And said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?

And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.

Not even for two pieces of silver; Allah has no use for Jesus.

Allah is childless.

For him, sons “add gods to God,” the worst form of polytheism. Jesus,

per Allah, is a prophet on whom he conferred divine power, authority, and privilege:

The Koranic Jesus vouches for Allah (and Muhammed):

“O children of Israel! Of a truth I am God’s apostle to you to confirm the Law which was given before me, and to announce an apostle that shall come after me whose name shall be Ahmad” (61.6).

When Jesus is baptized, a heavenly voice says:

“Thou art my beloved son; with thee am I well pleased” (Mark 1.11).

MORE Confirmation Yahweh is the father of Jesus?

If he is Allah, why didn’t he announce he would vouchsafe further

revelations to an Arabian prophet named Muhammed?

Yahweh might thereby have obviated centuries of enmity,

distrust, and carnage engendered by an unwarranted cleavage

between infidel and believer.

If, on the other hand, Allah has stolen Yahweh’s identity,

why didn’t Yahweh alert posterity to his perfidious machinations?

He could have attached a pithy rider to the First Commandment:

“Thou shalt have no other gods besides me. Especially an imposter named Allah.”

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all - I have not read every single reply to the original post, but speaking from my own, honest, knowledgable opinion and personal faith/beliefs, which is that of a muslim, Allah = God, God = Allah. Allah means God in Arabic. People in spanish speaking countries do not use the word "God", they say "Dios". The god of Islam is the same god as the Jews and Christians.

Muhammad was sent as the *final* messenger of God. Yes, Islam is the newer of the 3 largest religions in the world (Judaism, Christianity, Islam).

Christians and Muslims have more in common than many people think or care to learn about. This trash that they show on CNN 24/7, showing muslims to be some sort of homicidal barbarians is a shame. What you see on the TV and in the news makes up about 15% of Islam, if not less. The struggling and murder you see makes for good media and $$$.

The Qur'an, the holy book of Islam versus the Bible, that's a never-ending debate. The Qur'an is a flawless book, believed to be the true words of God, where as the Bible has been altered countless times, concealing it's true messaged that Jesus and God wer trying to convey to the people of that time. There are so many versions of the Bible, so many different mistranslations, it's hard to know what's really true.

As for the Trinity. It never existed. Jesus never ONCE preached/taught it. If you can get a hold of the book "Jesus: a Prophet of Islam", it explains the entire, historically correct explanation of where the trinity came from. It was made up in a political battle involving Constantine and the Council of Nicea.

Jesus preached over and over that he was NOT God. God and Jesus are 2 seperate beings. Nobody and nothing exceeds God. God is above all. Even Jesus. Jesus was a miraculous prophet that he created to teach people that worshipping idols and more than 1 god was wrong, and that if they want to be saved and enter paradise someday, the need to worship God and God alone.

Islam teaches the *same* thing. People just don't care to learn about it.

I was born and raised a Catholic, I converted to Islam a couple years ago. There are many priests who have converted to Islam, Benjamin Franklin even dismissed the concept of the trinity himself. Islam is not some freaky cult. Basing muslims on what you see on the tv would be like muslims saying that all Christians are like the KKK, which is a lie. Every religion has a "radical" side to it that steers away from what it is really trying to teach.

God is God. People are free to worship Him the way they want. I'm not saying what I beleive in has to be the law, people will believe in what they want to believe. Whatever sort of mess is going on over in the mid-east is absolutely horrible, and goes against everything Islam teaches. The people commiting those crimes will have to meet their fate someday. In my opinion, I say let God deal with them.

so what you are saying is, god sent the final prophet mohamed to tell people taht women had to wear tents and had to be stoned to death for being raped and that christians and jews are being disobedient for not doing that?

Well said sarah12385, You are right Jesus never said he was the literal son of God Jews often referred to themselves as the sons of God.

I am not a follower of Islam. Most Christians have little understanding Of Islam. I have for a few years now have done my own study of the founding of The Christian Chruch. You are right The Chruch that we say is Christian is really an extension of pagan roman. if Christians were to be really true followers of Jesus They would and should become Jews. James brother Jesus was the first head of any kind of chruch that worshiped Jesus. He said that you had to convert to Judaism to be a follower of Jesus. Paul went off to convert people he was not very successful because of circumcision. How many adult men would want to have that done? So what does Paul do he says nope You do not have to be a Jew. He ends circumcision and Kosher Law. The Chruch in Jerusalem was not happy about this and told Paul to stop. he didn't and his chruch grow faster and stronger.

In one post here it was said that Christians have always been persecuted he then ask what other religion can say that. Well Jews for one. For 2000 years ever now and again Good Christians would kill some Jews because the gospel of John said they Killed Jesus. In the mean time in the Arab world Jews lived in peace. That's right they lived in Peace for thousands of years. The hate we see today between Jews and Islam is rather new. Mohamed said that Jews and Christians should be welcomed. Because they were also people of the Book. many early christian Nations Like Syria and Egypt converted to Islam because they were treated so poorly by Rome. Islam is not without some blame here. Like the Bible people read into it what they want. Ancient Arabs were idol worshipers. The word infidel means idol worshiper not just someone who does not follow Islam. It is Arab Culture and not the Quran that subjugates woman. the Quran gives woman property right and the right to divorce her husband. In a polygamist marriage every wife most be treated equal by the Husband. By one a new car you have to buy all a new car. The oldest or first wife is to be revered by all the other wives.

I need to do a lot more reading on Islam.

It is to bad that in all these faiths that share so much there are those that have corrupted the core teaching. All are guilty Jews Christian and Islam.

This thread is a perfect example of how pointless religion is. Thank you Love_Hurst for working so hard to prove my point.

You have shown us all how religion is used to put just a little more hate into the world. I really wish we could just put all these fanatics on an island and let them beat the hell out of each other...

This thread is a perfect example of how pointless religion is. Thank you Love_Hurst for working so hard to prove my point.

You have shown us all how religion is used to put just a little more hate into the world. I really wish we could just put all these fanatics on an island and let them beat the hell out of each other...

Amen to that! Pun intended!