Bummed out - big time

I had 2 of the most incredible nights I've ever had in my life... no joke!

I obviously did not play my cards right, made a stupid comment or two and got involved in a game. Now the boy is gone... with no plans to return.

I did not get to say goodbye nor did I have any opportunity to feel things out, let him know I'm interested and find out his thoughts on it.

I'm not in love with him or anything... more curious to know what would have been?

We are friends, and I don't think that calling him would be too strange or out of the ordinary... I did send him 1 e-mail but question weather he got it or not dur to junk mail filter.

Should I call him? Not to confess that I'm thinking about him... but to find out how he's doing and see where the convo goes from there?

How do I get this guy off my mind?

if it's bothering you all the time, i think you might as well call him to see what's going on. it's not gonna stop bothering you until it's resolved, right? ... you have no idea when he'll call, if at all, so perhaps calling is better than staying hanging...

just some thoughts,

-yes

Be happy for the great two nights you spent together, learn some lessons from your actions and move on.

Don't put a lot of energy into seeing what his position is. The best strategy is to let him make a move if he's interested. If you turned him off with some remarks, it's best to let some time pass before you reconnect. Calling him now will not resolve anything because he's not likely to be frank with his feelings. Don't do it!!!

If he's a friend of yours, wait a week and give him a call. But don't get into any heavy stuff. Play it cool. Trust me, men go out of their minds when women play it cool. If you start talking like you want things to move forward, this will not create any burning desire. Men want a challenge as a relationship is forming.

i agree with tony to wait a week.

if you are friends then a phone call would not seem strange. if you made some comments (you didn't clarify - maybe you could) that turned him off, then most likely he will let it roll off of his back (most men are good like that).

you'll never quite know what might have been because it is in the past. you can only know what might be now. games are stupid and unpredictable.

i am not a believer of games. but tony is right, men love the chase - so it is almost a catch 22. if you play cool, you'll pique his interest, but will you keep him. i wonder if there are any men out there that don't like games and the chase.

i want to believe that if you let a guy know you are interested, he'll respond if he is interested. maybe i'm simple minded, but that's how i feel.

• Author

Well, I've not called him as of yet. In all honesty I'm not sure I'm going to.

But my quesiton for you is if I do... what do you mean to play it cool? I had no intentions of even mentioning our nights (unless he does first). I just want to say hi and make sure that the whole family emergency thing worked itself out ok.

It's definately confirmed that he's not coming back, he had a family friend here in this state come by and collect the last of his belongings. :(

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer my posts.