Need some help

Alright I have been pretty good friends with this girl for about 2 or 3 years now. We mainly just talk on the phone for a couple of hours 1 or 2 nights a week. We don't hang out all that much but when we do she brings one of her 'girlfriends' along and it's a little frustrating. I don't really know what to think of that. But anyways, I really have feelings for her but I am scared to do anything about it because I don't want to ruin a good friendship if she doesn't feel the same way. We have both admitted that we had feelings for each other in the past, but that was 2 years ago and we are good friends now. She has opened up to me more than she has to any other guy when it comes to talking about stuff. Neither one of us have ever really been in a relationship so I don't know what to do. Here recently I went about 2 weeks without calling her and she wasn't too happy about that. Of course she didn't call me because for some reason I am supposed to call her even though we are just friends??? I finally got around to calling her and she started saying that she really wanted to hang out with me more and that I better call her more. I am having a really hard time figuring out if she has feelings for me or not. She told my best friend a few weeks ago that she doesnt like me like that but I was sitting right there so I figured she wouldnt admit it if she did anyways. Does anyone have any thoughts or advice. Thanks so much in advance.

When she said she wanted to hang out more, you could have asked if she meant she wanted to date.

You can still ask - next time you're on the phone, tell her you thought about what she said about hanging out more, and ask her if she meant dating.

Do you ever see her alone? Do you flirt with her when you talk - compliment her, make her feel good about herself, show her that you admire her, do you look into her eyes and smile when you see her? Do you have a nickname for her? It can't hurt to start flirting.