In another mess

Sare Bear

Again I am not sure where my life is going. I left Jeremy and started dating Nathan who is more compatible to me. But now I want Jeremy back. I cannot bear seeing him broken up about us breaking up. I miss him, he did so many things which make me laugh. I have been with Nathan now for about two months unofficially, one month officially. He wants me to move in with him but I haven't been alone on my own for about three years now. I always seem to be a part of someone else. I don't feel for Nathan like I did for Jeremy. What I feel for Jeremy is still so huge.

Nathan wants a big long future and he can provide for me. I am Jeremy's provider, but I still love him. I just don't know how I feel for Nathan. I seem to have lost what I did feel for him.

Can anyone give me any suggestions? I want a happy future. Nathan can give me the life I am used to with someone who is intellectually equal also equal in upbringing and opinions. Jeremy cannot but I feel such joy when I look at him, smell him, speak to him.

I am lost.

The feeling you have about your ex are perfectly natural. Your old relationship is familiar and you and the new guy are just getting to know each other. In time when you and Nathan start to get real comfortable with each other I think you'll find that you can be as close to him as you were with Jeremy. I know it took my g/f a long time to get over her ex. It was over six months before our relationship started to be anything like what she had shared with her ex. It takes time and effort which is why it is so tempting to skip all that and go back to what you have already established. But remember you broke up with this guy for a reason. I'd say give things between you and Nathan a bit longer and don't move in with him yet. But if there's really nothing there than at least go it alone for a bit. Whatever you do don't go right back to your ex without taking some real time to figure things out, and two months is barely any time at all.

Again I am not sure where my life is going. I left Jeremy and started dating Nathan who is more compatible to me. But now I want Jeremy back. I cannot bear seeing him broken up about us breaking up. I miss him, he did so many things which make me laugh. I have been with Nathan now for about two months unofficially, one month officially. He wants me to move in with him but I haven't been alone on my own for about three years now. I always seem to be a part of someone else. I don't feel for Nathan like I did for Jeremy. What I feel for Jeremy is still so huge. Nathan wants a big long future and he can provide for me. I am Jeremy's provider, but I still love him. I just don't know how I feel for Nathan. I seem to have lost what I did feel for him. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I want a happy future. Nathan can give me the life I am used to with someone who is intellectually equal also equal in upbringing and opinions. Jeremy cannot but I feel such joy when I look at him, smell him, speak to him. I am lost.