old girlfriend dilemma!

Hi

My first time writing...curious as to how any of you would deal with this situation (I'm sure I already know the answer...but just checking!)

How to condense the story...First of all, I have been living with my boyfriend for 1 1/2 years...few adjustments to make but overall very wonderful experience!

The story: He has a childhood (girl)friend whom he has kept in contact with...she was there for him through his divorce (his ex was jealous of their longstanding friendship and tried to keep him from talking to her)

...they became more than just pals after the divorce (not the reason for the divorce...just one of those stupid things that happen in a confusing time!!)

...my boyfriend decided that maybe they should have left it at just friends...she was hurt over this but they did resume their friendship (by the way, she lives 1000's of miles away...so they converse every now and then by telephone...she at times brings up past things...still seems a little bitter over my boyfriend not wanting to be with her...I have never met her...she did come home for a visit last year and was supposed to visit, but didn't! My boyfriend found it odd and we agreed it might have to do with meeting me).

Anyway,she is now getting married...and will be coming home for a big reception...to which we are invited!

I am still a little apprehensive about attending and meeting her...all the long time friends and family are going(I don't want to feel like the outsider!)

We have had several discussions (and a few words!!) about the whole thing...I have taken it upon myself to email her a few times...congratulations and such!!

How would any of you react in this situation!?!

Appreciate any response!

Jay