It was all in my head

What am I supposed to do now? I live with my ex-husband who is supporting while I get my degree. We had gotten back together and were living as a married couple, with him even introducing me as his wife but we never remarried. Now he has met someone and decided that he wants to pursue a relationship with her and that we weren't in a relationship anyways. "We got a divorce, remember?" he says.

This woman supposedly knows that he supports me while I am going to school, is sleeping in the same bed with me, is raising our son with me and yet still believes that we aren't in a relationship. Would any of you believe this? If I were hearing this from a man I was interested in I would run for the hills. What hurts the most is that he has denied that we were in a relationship. I was apparently a warm body. And now he wants me to accept this and be his friend. But when he was being my friend and listening to me cry because I was hurt he swore that he wouldn't see her again because he couldn't stand to see me that hurt and he wasn't "invested" in a relationship with her yet.

But lo and behold the next morning he let me know that he had no intention of stopping the relationship. What am I supposed to do? If I leave I will have to go back to work to support my family and there goes my degree. But I would still have to pay back the student loans without the benefit of the good job. I am just crushed by all of this and so overwhelmed. I have been with this man for 15 years and always been there for him, even through alcoholism and rehab and yet when he finally goes through rehab some other woman is going to get the benefit of his sobriety. Even though he says I will get it too since we will "always be best friends". :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...
What am I supposed to do now? I live with my ex-husband who is supporting while I get my degree. We had gotten back together and were living as a married couple, with him even introducing me as his wife but we never remarried. Now he has met someone and decided that he wants to pursue a relationship with her and that we weren't in a relationship anyways. "We got a divorce, remember?" he says.

This woman supposedly knows that he supports me while I am going to school, is sleeping in the same bed with me, is raising our son with me and yet still believes that we aren't in a relationship. Would any of you believe this? If I were hearing this from a man I was interested in I would run for the hills. What hurts the most is that he has denied that we were in a relationship. I was apparently a warm body. And now he wants me to accept this and be his friend. But when he was being my friend and listening to me cry because I was hurt he swore that he wouldn't see her again because he couldn't stand to see me that hurt and he wasn't "invested" in a relationship with her yet.

But lo and behold the next morning he let me know that he had no intention of stopping the relationship. What am I supposed to do? If I leave I will have to go back to work to support my family and there goes my degree. But I would still have to pay back the student loans without the benefit of the good job. I am just crushed by all of this and so overwhelmed. I have been with this man for 15 years and always been there for him, even through alcoholism and rehab and yet when he finally goes through rehab some other woman is going to get the benefit of his sobriety. Even though he says I will get it too since we will "always be best friends". :lmao:

Let me tell you something. This guy is a LEACH. If you can't get out of there now then PLAY him so that you can get supported, and get your degree. And when you do get outta there ASAP. He knows that you depend on him for a home and secruity, u being with him for 15 yrs. I know it's hard but leave before you contract some sort of STD or worse.

And even when you do leave he'll try to get you back. Just pray to GOD for strength and to guide you a path. He will send you someone. Men like that try to tear you down as low as possible so that they can control you. He probably doesn't like the fact that your educating yourself. Do all what you can for you and your family!