Girls, I need input on interpreting the signs whether or not she liked me.

So I need some feedback. I made the mistake of telling my best friend that I was in Love with her. She said that she only thought of me as friends and nothing else. This has made me question myself. I thought she was giving me all the signals and that she really liked me. There are extenuating circumstances, we are both married so I suspect that she really did like me but chose to stay with her husband. Did I get the signals crossed? Please tell me. As far as the marriage situation, I've covered all that in my previous posts...

She and I would talk every single day. We would text each other right before bed. We would spend at least an hour at night every night texting each other. She would text, "boo!" out of the blue and it would always make me smile. We told each other everything, I mean everything. We would talk and laugh and commiserate with each other. Our e-mails would be pages and pages long. I went to her house and hung out occasionally. Any incident, I would be the first person to call and vice versa. Once I was kind of aloof because I was going through some issues and she got kind of possessive asking what was going on with me. It was sweet actually. I felt okay with that because it meant she really cared. Or so I thought.

Did she like me more than friends? Do girls ordinarily do that with their friends. I guess i mistook friendship for intimacy.

Thanks!

She's married. I would say the fact that she carried on with you by e-mail, texting, visiting, etc., does speak to something being amiss in her marriage but do you know where she stands with her husband? You probably need to find out what her intentions are with her marriage first.

• Author

We would always discuss our marital problems and she just wasn't happy in her situation. She wanted to separate many times. I always told her not to give up on her marriage. Geez what was i thinking? :rolleyes:

Scrutinizing our relationship again, i guess I see it as strictly platonic. She saw me as a shoulder to cry on, amd me being a guy, saw too much into it. I'm a frick'n idiot! I wish I consulted this board before i said anything. Would of saved me a bunch of frustration.

RecordProducer
She said that she only thought of me as friends and nothing else.
I think she meant it or she would have stated that she likes you but she is married. In any case, she is not open to an affair with you so drop it and stay friends with her if you want/can.

The long and deep conversations and letters as well as the closeness you felt is NOT necessarily an indicator that she cherished more than friendly feelings for you. Yes, women CAN connect with men on the emotional and intellectual level without being attracted to them.

She is MARRRRRIIIIEEEEED

That is a subject to change without notice and violation is not prosecuted. :laugh:
  • Author

thanks!

You are abolutely right, that clarifies alot of the doubt going on in my mind plus reaffirming the fact that I am an idiot! :o

i do still want to be friends with her. I just can't share that much of myself with a person just to let it all evaporate, especially not on these terms. I just don't think she'll ever want to speak to me again and that makes me sad.