once and again

ive known this girl, lets call her mary, since middle school and we even dated for a little bit in high school and now we're in college. the fling in high school was pretty rocky, what with typical high school drama figuring into things, but there was definitely a strong physical connection between us. anyway, after the breakup i didnt really maintain any kind of contact with mary for almost a year, which brings us to the present. she invited me to a party she was going to one night, and i agreed to accompany her. afterall, it was a saturday night and i would have had nothing to do otherwise. the party was alright, but afterwards i walked her back to her room, where we proceeded to engage in intimate sexual activities. there was a high level of passion between us, we were at it for upwards of 5 hours, but she insisted afterwards that she would be dating other people, and that i shouldnt want to be in a relationship with her. im alright with that notion, i wouldnt want to be in a committed relationship at this point in my life anyway, but the fact that we did explode in a sexual flurry after not seeing each other for a year leaves me to wonder if we could indeed turn out to be each other's **** buddy. what would you make of the situation?