She's a friend, but could it be more?

She's been friends with me for about 5 years now during which ive gotten to know a few of her interests and to realize from the get-go that I've held an interest in her. Im unsure how to tell if she reciprocates (sp?) the feeling. Lets call her A.

Heres my background to help you understand my position.

Most anyone I meet think I'm a know-it-all. As when I get nervous I start speaking about anything.

I'm a video game geek, but would like to change that.

Never had a g/f before and ill be 20 here in June.

I always appear uncaring, except with strong emotion, atleast so I've been told.

Back to the story. I just started working at a place in town and discovered she works there as well. I joke with her and we jest. I asked a friend of hers what A thinks of me. So she txts A and sends me a reply saying "She doesnt think of you that way". Do I ask A out to the movies? or let her go?

Let her go. I wouldn't even be her friend, as that will lead to nothing but torture and pain for you.

You have your answer already. "She doesn't think of you that way." Crystal clear, she doesn't see you as a boyfriend.

lalitha_sagar

Do not let her go. I tell you my own experience, I and Sagar were friends for more than couple of years and then we strted thinking beyond friendship. It was love, what started with friendship turned into love and it's been more than three years we are in relationship and getting married next year. It was easy for us to lay our relationship on friendship's base trust.