Romantic Competition

Could someone please explain the dynamics behind competition and dating.

Specifically when it involves 2 girls and one guy.

When the guy is friends with one girl, she has never had interest in dating him as he doesnt date much, cant get himself a date. She immediatly becomes interested in the guy when she finds out he has been dating a girl. She is just interested in him because its competition.

Could someone please explain the dynamics behind competition and dating.

When somebody (other than you) wants something, then you somehow see that thing as having more value. It's an illusion.

Supply and demand. Demand pushes the price up. I must be worth a fortune.

She immediatly becomes interested in the guy when she finds out he has been dating a girl. She is just interested in him because its competition.

...this "girl" being me. If I were to drop out of the picture and start dating someone else; this would show her that I am no longer interested in "the guy". Would she drop out too, cause there isnt anything to compete for?

I think part of it is the value thing but another part of it is that, depending of the type of friends you are with the girl, developing an interest in you is the only way she can think of to keep the friendship.

I find this is especially true for women that do not like other women. See, no woman you date will like your female friends. If the girl that is your friend values your relationship highly and is the type that really really does not like other women she could go after you.

thanks for the advice....but what I am really looking for are the dynamics of how competition works here.

Why?

Mostly just various shades of putting out and trying to make you dislike the other person. Its all stupid and petty and anyone with half a mind should be able to see through it.