Personal interaction w/ untouchables

How many of you show personal interest in people you have no sexual, platonic, or romantic interest in just because you feel sympathetic of them? A scenario would be a guy seeing a girl who is quiet, conservative, reserved, etc. sitting in the corner and decides to approach her for the sake of pretending he's a candidate for her to date. I know a few people who have encouraged me to flirtatiously talk to anyone who seems lonely to "help" them, but I refuse because like some others, I think it's a rather inadvertently cruel thing to do. I can't imagine why someone would want a one-way street date or "love" relationship, where one person is just in it to play a character for the other person that is the "pitiful" one. How about something as casual as smiling and saying "hi" constantly? Do you only greet this way to people you actually like or look forward to seeing again or is just something to do?

laRubiaBonita
How many of you show personal interest in people you have no sexual, platonic, or romantic interest in just because you feel sympathetic of them? A scenario would be a guy seeing a girl who is quiet, conservative, reserved, etc. sitting in the corner and decides to approach her for the sake of pretending he's a candidate for her to date. I know a few people who have encouraged me to flirtatiously talk to anyone who seems lonely to "help" them, but I refuse because like some others, I think it's a rather inadvertently cruel thing to do. I can't imagine why someone would want a one-way street date or "love" relationship, where one person is just in it to play a character for the other person that is the "pitiful" one. How about something as casual as smiling and saying "hi" constantly? Do you only greet this way to people you actually like or look forward to seeing again or is just something to do?

why do you not just see as just being nice and saying hi.

Not because you feel you Have to, but it should be because you want to…. If for nothing else than making someone feel welcome and included, what is wrong with that?

maybe the problem is you thinking that each person you feel you must aknowledge should be attracted to you?

• Author

I'm not talking about just greeting casually, even though it can be dishonest, but whatever..take it a step further.

What I was saying was pretending to like someone heavily...flirting with someone or asking someone out whom you don't even feel attracted to, yet you do it anyway because you feel sorry for them or because they look lonely and left out... Would you rather have guys/girls go out with you because they feel like you're being left out or for you? Because they genuinely like you?